Sunday, February 08, 2009

 

spirits up or down?

It’s been a while since I wrote about being a librarian but that’s because I’m not really one. But then I thought about it for a second and decided that I do some things to keep my spirits up. But it doesn’t really work because being unemployed is the most depressing thing that has happened to me. Sometimes I have difficulty breathing especially when I’m crying. It’s unbearable.

Volunteering at the National World War II museum: This is a very busy and crowded place but I volunteer a few hours every week in the archives department where I get to mess about with some interesting stuff. Personal items from people who served during the Second World War are constantly being donated to the museum and I get to sort through them and create finding aids. I suppose it comes as no surprise that this doesn’t keep my spirits up at all. No one talks to me because they are so very busy, busy, busy with their jobs. I am eager to be busy, busy, busy with a job. But I’m not.

Today’s job applications are:

  1. NOA-TV --- a public access TV station. I saw it as I was biking around so I sent a random letter and resume to them. I don’t think this should count as a whole application; maybe this counts as one-half.
  2. FOX8 – another TV station that is nearby. I was going to send a random letter to them too but they actually had a job available! Production Assistant.
  3. Our Lady of the Lake college --- clerk
  4. office help in a law firm
  5. ghost writer for a book on New Orleans architecture

So that makes 4 ½ today.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?