Thursday, February 21, 2008

 

On my way!


The boyz relaxing in my Easton rooms.... they don't know what they are in for!

After many delays I am finally on my way to New Orleans! It took a while but I completed loading my stuff on Tuesday Feb. 19th and started on my way. It was a sunny but windy day and I got as far as Carlisle, PA. The very first RV Park I ever stayed in was the Western Village RV Park. During the summer this must be a spectacular place. They have mini-golf, a pool, hiking trails, playgrounds, and tons of other stuff. But now in the final throws of winter, the park is a bit bleak. I got there after 4:30 pm and was set up with electricity before the sun set. On either side of me were two huge RVs towing cars that were larger than the little Honda I used to own. They got there around when I did but were gone before 7 am. They must have had places to go and people to meet.

It was bitterly cold on my first night and since Honey never got her propane tanks checked out I had to make do with my little space heater. By 6:30 am it was 45 degrees inside. That may sound appalling to some but it was 25 degrees outside! The boyz and I made it through out first night okay but the second day was difficult for all of us. After a late-ish start (around 9am) the sun promptly disappeared. It was bitterly cold and windy all day long as I made my way out of Pennsylvania, through Maryland (about 20 minutes), through West Virginia, and into Virginia. (For those of you who like maps, I was on Route 81 South.)

Snow was swirling around the road, too cold to stick to anything. Lunch was a shivery affair in the parking lot of a Sheetz. I put my flannel pajama bottoms on over my jeans just to keep from shivering myself to pieces. Exhausted I pulled in for the evening to an overnight only park. It’s pretty much self service with no other amenities except laundry and a soda machine. Even though it seemed to be threatening snow it was all clear in the morning. I got out by 8:30 am and drove and drove and drove. I’m so disappointed that I am not stopping to see anything but I have to get to New Orleans as soon as possible. With all my dawdling and delays that might not be until Saturday.

Tonight I’m at a nice KOA in Cleveland, Tennessee which (obviously) has wi-fi Internet. It is a blistering 65 degrees in my Honey Bee so the boyz and I will be cozy.

Comments:
Hey Hula!

I was thrilled to see this post. I hope you're there by now and the trip went well. Looking forward to details from your journey and your New Life in New Orleans.

Take care,
Kathy
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?