Tuesday, December 11, 2007

 

RV lessons

In order to be a wandering librarian I needed to get some form of transportation that will also serve as a home base. I have always had my heart set on an RV but being ‘luxury’ items they tend to be quite expensive and full of superfluous gadgetry. So I set out to find one that was not expensive but was somewhat functional.
Today is my lucky day. I purchased a 21-foot Class C Motorhome.
It’s a 1982 Honey Bee and it’s in really good condition. The last two owners have taken excellent care of it and the engine runs fine. Now all I need is a crash course in how to work all the systems.
The Internet is full of first-timer stories full of wacky incidents that are funny now, but at the time probably seemed like earth-shattering calamities. I fear that I am entering into that phase… I just have to keep repeating to myself “It will be funny one day.”

Day 1 – My RV is currently parked down the street from where I live. It seemed like a nice open space to park an RV but as the man who sold it to me pulled in behind me he caught the branches of a small tree and tore the refrigerator cover off of the roof.
So my RV is now pre-distastered. And I have learned a great lesson while not actually having to be responsible for it, “Watch out for trees!”

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?